Monday, December 8, 2008

New Projects

Bet you’ve been wondering what I’ve been up to lately. Well, I have another quilt pieced, but it is waiting for a border. I have the backing purchased, but it needs to be pieced. Then it goes on the new frame for quilting. So far, I’ve had lots of fun practicing on scrap fabric, but I think that putting a REAL quilt on this new frame just scares the bejeebers outa me. This quilt is meant for my newly-engaged niece and I don’t want to screw it up. I haven’t posted any photos of it because I don’t yet want Jaymi to see it.

So until then, I’ve been learning a new project. I admired a friend’s beaded bracelet quite awhile ago and she brought one back for me from the mainland as a thank you gift. (She bought herself an iPod Nano and does not have a computer from which to transfer her music. I wonder how she thought that was going to happen….so I put her music on my computer and did it for her. But that’s a whole nuther story.)

Anyway, looking closely at my new bracelet, I couldn’t figure out how it was made. So, to the internet I went. After much searching, I found sites for Crocheted Beaded Spiral bracelets or Endless Bead Crochet Ropes that looked like my bracelet.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I can not imagine working with those tiny beads. Mom crocheted with that tiny thread...can't imagine that either! I hope your first experience on the quilter is a great one! Thanks for sharing.
Karen