Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Bracelets

I have been crocheting beaded bracelets until I'm nearly sick of them! But they are so fun. And pretty, too! Although I got a late start in learning how to do them, I was able to complete quite a few as Christmas gifts. My 4 sisters and aunt loved theirs. Many of my coworkers got them, too! Then it dawned on me that I hadn't kept any for me so had to make some more! I found a website, http://www.beadwrangler.com/, where I ordered several of Lydia's bead mixes and those have turned out just beautifully. Here's some of the results:




My sister, Debi (prankster that she is), sent me these teeny tiny #15 beads to try. I had to create a "starter" to use to attach the little ones to because my fingers were too big to wrestle with them. And I had to get out the bright light and superduper magnifying glass. Using the #11 beads, the bracelets are about 3/8 inch wide and the using #15 beads, the bracelet is about 1/4 inch wide.


Now it's time to get back to quilting.

No comments: