Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Neutral Yellow Brick Road


Oh, and I have been quilting and recently finished a lap quilt in neutrals using the Yellow Brick Road pattern.  I’ve done this pattern before and enjoyed it immensely.  But I’ve never done it in neutrals.  This was a kit we found at a terrific quilting store in Great Falls, Montana.  

One thing I learned about kits was to NOT wash the fabric first.  One fat quarter in this kit shrunk A LOT and I had to find something in my supply to fill in the gaps.  My dad and stepmom will be getting it for Christmas.  

Once I get a quilt on the frame, I have to get over the fear of taking that first stitch.  Sometimes, I wish I could be more like my aunt and just dive in (or, as she says, jump off the cliff)!  Anyway, I think this turned out really well.





2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Jump off a clip ... here I thought we were suppose to get on a wild horse and ride.

Beautiful.

Darci said...

That too! Both equally frightening. Thanks.