Thursday, November 12, 2009

Singer 15-88

This little gem came home with me Tuesday.  It belonged to my boss' mother and they needed to find a new home for it.  And they thought of me!  As far as I can tell, it's a Singer 15-88 built March 8, 1956.  It may have originally been a treadle machine later converted with an electric motor.  She looks to be in beautiful condition, but needs a deep cleaning.



The cabinet is a total writeoff, however, due to termites.  There was no saving it (my husband wouldn't even let me bring it in the house!)  I really liked that middle tilt-out drawer, tho.






If I can get her cleaned up and see how she runs, I may have Scott eventually build a base enclosure for it and get a foot pedal.



Tuesday was my lucky day, wasn't it?

1 comment:

Kristie said...

You are lucky! Looks like a nice machine!
KRistie