Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Folded Star Trivets

Every year, many of my coworkers exchange small gifts and every year I struggle to find something that is both unique and fairly inexpensive.  This year, I found a tutorial for folded star trivets/potholders on the internet.  Using Christmas fabric, I had fun making a dozen of them.  One fabric was printed on the bias and was what I used to make the binding.  It says "Merry Christmas" all the way around the edge and was perfect for this project.  Now I gotta get the baking done!



I have been getting a lot of inquiries for the directions to make these potholder/trivet thingees.  I found the tutorial at:  http://bronzewombat.blogspot.com.  When you get the error message, click on "Go to blog homepage" and you will see it on the left side of her blog.  Hope this helps.

1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Do you remember the link for where you found the tutorial? These look like they'd be fun to make.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com