Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back to Square One (Almost)

Like the rest of the country, we have had weather problems, though not as severe as some areas.  Here in the islands, it's been LOTs of rain along with flash flood warnings.  Compared to many other places, we've been very, very lucky...until tonight.

I've been slowly getting the pink One Block Wonder quilted.  At the same time, I've been arranging the blue one on the design wall.  Every time I walked past it, I changed a block or two.  Today, I'd pretty much decided it was ready to sew together.


We usually keep most of our windows open using the tradewinds to keep the house cool.  Today, it was disaster (a little one).  A rainstorm hit late this afternoon bringing with it a LOT of wind.  It knocked over my design wall scattering quilt pieces all over the entryway.


Now I have about 110 pieces that I have to match up and start over.  Darn it!

2 comments:

quiltalina said...

Ugh! I feel your pain. But this is a beautiful quilt so while you are putting it back together, just keep remembering it will be worth the effort.
quiltfever.wordpress.com

jill said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa
oh I would be ripping out my hair.
I'm so sorry it was looking soooo good.
At least you took photos you can refer to!!
smart girl!!

can wait to see it stitched together.
tell that wind it is not allowed to blow on
your design board!!!