Monday, June 20, 2011

Batiks

I needed a projected the other day and pulled this kit out of the closet.  I had never worked with batiks before and it was one I'd purchased from eBay months ago.  I was a little disappointed with the kit because it didn't look like anything close to the photo.  It was supposed to contain "moss" and "grey" tones, but there were a lot of blues, blacks, and maroons in it.  So I had a hard time trying to arrange the colors.  I finally went with a "light" and "dark" arrangement.  Here's the result.




After I got it done, I kinda liked it!

4 comments:

Sue Anderson said...

Darci, it looks wonderful. how you and Karen do it is beyond me. I wish I had the patience to get down to quilting. Just the thought of a baby quilt gets me at the moment. It would have been nice to have something like that to quilt on these 5 weeks off of work. Don't mind the quilting, it's the piecing that gets me.

Darcine said...

Thanks, Sue. Karen and I sure have fun. It's like solving a puzzle, I guess. Have her tell you our experiences this weekend trying to place the blocks on her latest quilts. My husband just shakes his head.

P.S. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Angie said...

That looks awesome! I love it!

Angie said...

Hi Darci-I too am on the quilting board. What's your board name? Mine is AngieS. Nice to "meet" you outside the board. Didn't realize it until I saw you had the link over on the right. :)