Sunday, May 9, 2010

Block Swap

Several weeks ago, I was reading through the Quilting Board website (as I do nearly every day) and ran across a thread asking for volunteers for a block swap.  The pattern was a "siggie" or signature block and they were asking for volunteers from each state.  At the time I saw it, they had about 40 states signed up, but no Hawaii yet.  

I remember thinking that this might be fun, never having done a swap before.  And it would be a great way to use up some of my growing pile of scraps.  I also thought, "how hard can this be?  I can do 50 blocks (and a few extra, just in case).


Well, the sign-ups close on May 15 and, so far, 164 (!!!) quilters have volunteered.  In addition to quilters from EVERY state, international volunteers include Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Canada, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, US Virgin Islands, and Spain.


So far, I've made 178 blocks and I'm wondering if that's going to be enuf!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how cool is this! So you can make a humungous quilt with the 164+ blocks you will be receiving! (hee, hee)

I've done card stamping swaps before, so I know how neat this is. Keep me posted on this project.

Deb