Monday, October 18, 2010

Sweet Sugar Swirls

I've been working on this one since mid-summer.  I first saw this quilt in California made up in batiks.  That should have been my first clue.   Exact 1/4-inch seams are a must (and almost impossible for me to do).  And the bias edges are killers!  I've never had anything stretch the way this one has!  Starch is now my new best friend.



Anyway the top ended up like this:


I've had it on the frame for about two weeks trying to decide how to quilt it.  Yesterday, I finally settled on a tighter panto and so far I really like it.


Thank goodness, I'm not in a hurry!  Some of these quilts are taking me awhile to complete.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! That is very pretty! I really like how it turned out!
Kristie

Darcine said...

Thanks, Kristie! This one has been a struggle. PS. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Dana Gr. said...

That is beautiful!! Just curious... where do you get your patterns for quilting or do you make you own?

Alicia said...

This beautiful! I have seen this pattern, but it did look like it would take alot of intricate work! Great job. I will stick with some more beginner patterns before I attempt this.

Leigh the sewing diva said...

wow that is beautiful! well worth the work by the look of it!
Leigh
www.thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.com