Thursday, November 11, 2010

Janome 1600p

After struggling for a week, I broke down and took the Janome to the shop.  This is the machine that sits on my quilt frame and I'm right in the middle of a quilt!  Seems there was a valid reason for my frustration.  There was a burr on the needle hook which did a fabulous job shredding my thread every 10 inches or so!  Ed said it was probably caused by a broken needle (I don't remember having a broken needle, or even a bent one!)  No matter!  But he also couldn't see an obvious cause for my tension issues, so it's time for a tune-up.  He's promised to fix it good as new.  Whew!

3 comments:

jill said...

ohhhh noooo. hope its back fast -- I have been on the fence between juki and janome and since I have no juki dealer here it might be the janome.
hope you are back to quilting soon so I can see your finished quilt : )

Darci said...

Either one is a good machine. I chose Janome because Ed was a local dealer, but he services the Juki, too. I like mine, but I would like to finish the second tessellating pinwheels I've got half finished!

Leighuk said...

i hope its fixed soon
Leigh
www.thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.com