Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thinking Outside the Block

Since my Janome is STILL in the shop, I can't finish the quilt on my frame.  So I've started a new quilt.  I made a Scrappy Diamonds for my younger son two years ago but had a hard time trying come up with a pattern for my elder son, Bryan.  Where Devan requested bright greens, Bryan wanted black and white bandanna fabrics.  Impossible!  So here's what I came up with instead:

The pattern is "Thinking Outside the Block" and the king-size requires 144 of these blocks!  

The finished size will be about 103" square.  Much as I'd like to, I don't think it's gonna be finished by Christmas...

4 comments:

Leigh the sewing diva said...

wow that is lovely! The black and white is so effective and will look just as appropriate when he is older too!
Leigh
www.thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.com

Kristie said...

That is beautiful!! Love it!
Kristie

Alicia said...

Wow! That is quite a task, but it looks amazing in BnW!

jill said...

SUPER COOL!!! are you dizzy from all that work?
sorry about the machine. Hope it gets back home
soon. What quilting pattern will you use??