Sunday, March 25, 2012

Puzzle Box

A group of coworkers and I call ourselves "the lunch bunch" for obvious reasons.  I've lived in the islands for 15 years this month and soon after my arrival was included in this group.  These ladies, as well as many others,  went out of their way to make me feel welcome and for that alone, I owe them and can never adequately repay.  It's this feeling of aloha that is so pervasive in this culture.  It's hard to describe it exactly but it just...is.

As a way to try to repay their kindness, I started making quilts and giving them as gifts along with my love and aloha.  Now it's become a guessing game to see who gets the next one.  Yesterday was another one of those days.  A surprise birthday party was held for one of the "lunch bunch."  And she got her quilt.


This is a Puzzle Box and the floral print was an Asian fabric so it had gold in it.




Happy Birthday, Julie!  I hope you enjoy your quilt!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Beautiful quilt! I've been looking for a way to best use Asian fabrics and I love how you designed this quilt. Would it be alright for me to pin a photo to Pinterest under my Quilting Inspiration board? I will link back to your blog post to give you credit, of course. :)

Thanks!
~Cassandra