Sunday, September 12, 2010

Postage Stamp Basket

Last night, I was watching Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims on the computer and Alex made one of these Postage Stamp Basket blocks and has a neat trick for the handle.  So I played around with a few scraps.

This on is my first try and ended up a little wonky.




Each try got a little better.  Finished size is 4 1/2 inches.  I'm not sure I have enough "stick-to-it-tiveness" to do a whole quilt, but it's a great way to use up scraps.

Yesterday I found some batting I'd put in a safe place and forgot about it. Now that I have 4 tops waiting to be quilted, I can get started on them (after the laundry gets done)!

1 comment:

jill said...

Soo adorable -- love the colors/fabrics on your last basket -- that is neat -- and no I will not attempt one. I know my limitations : )
that handle looks way too challenging