Sunday, September 12, 2010

Postage Stamp Basket

Last night, I was watching Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims on the computer and Alex made one of these Postage Stamp Basket blocks and has a neat trick for the handle.  So I played around with a few scraps.

This on is my first try and ended up a little wonky.




Each try got a little better.  Finished size is 4 1/2 inches.  I'm not sure I have enough "stick-to-it-tiveness" to do a whole quilt, but it's a great way to use up scraps.

Yesterday I found some batting I'd put in a safe place and forgot about it. Now that I have 4 tops waiting to be quilted, I can get started on them (after the laundry gets done)!

2 comments:

jill said...

Soo adorable -- love the colors/fabrics on your last basket -- that is neat -- and no I will not attempt one. I know my limitations : )
that handle looks way too challenging

Darci said...

Thanks, Jill. The scraps for these little blocks came from Devan's Scrappy Diamonds. He HAD to have lots of green in it. You would be surprised how easy the the postage stamp block is. Take a look at:

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/blog_id/3066