Monday, September 29, 2008

A Little Bit About Me

My life has changed a little since starting this blog in 2008.  My husband and I retired in 2013 and returned to Boise, Idaho.  Much of my career was spent as an executive secretary in the building materials business until we moved to Honolulu where I worked for Hawaiian Electric Industries in their Information Technology Dept. There, I discovered my love for computers and gadgets. 

My mother taught me to sew as a child and I made many of my own clothes through the years, including wedding dresses for myself and 4 sisters. After her Singer gave up the ghost, she purchased a Bernina 830 that I used until I left home.  Out on my own, I purchased a Bernina 810 that I used for 29 years until it had to be replaced in 2007 with a Bernina Aurora 430. I have also kept busy learning to crochet afghans, eyelash leis, and
beaded bracelets, trying to learn to knit (I have never mastered the tension.) and enjoyed counted cross-stitch.  My bucket list includes learning how to paint using watercolors and dying my own fabrics.

I have always been interested in quilting. My Grandma Edna and her four sisters were wonderful quilters. I regret that I did not have the opportunity to learn from them.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love the blog!! I think posting your great work is wonderful.

Darci said...

Thanks! I like yours better, but am learning.

Lauretta said...

So glad after all these years to see what you've been up to. These are lovely.