Monday, September 29, 2008

A Little Bit About Me

My family and I have lived in Honolulu since 1997. I am an admitted gadget freak and I love to work with computers. Working in an Information Technology Dept. for more than 10 years has helped keep my busy.

I learned to sew as a teenager and made many of my own clothes through the years. Recently, my best “friend,” a Bernina 810, had to be retired after 29 years of service and was replaced with a Bernina Aurora 430 last year. I have also kept busy by crocheting afghans (and eyelash leis), trying to learn to knit (I have never mastered the tension.) and enjoyed counted cross-stitch at least until myopia set in!

I have always been interested in quilting. My Grandma Edna and her four sisters were wonderful quilters. I regret that I did not have the opportunity to learn from them, but along with my Aunt Karen, I am now trying to make up for lost time.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love the blog!! I think posting your great work is wonderful.

Darci said...

Thanks! I like yours better, but am learning.

Lauretta said...

So glad after all these years to see what you've been up to. These are lovely.