Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm Quilting!

My Aunt Karen asked me to take a video of the frame and how it works.  My problem was that I was using my camera in the left hand and operating the sewing machine in the right.  Then I completely forgot there was audio, too.  So much for patting my head and rubbing my tummy at the same time!  So take that into consideration with the following:



Since I filmed this little video, my husband installed handles on the back of the carriage which has made a big difference.  I'm also playing around with a laser stylus for the pantographs, but have not found a good solution for this yet.  This past week, I have been practicing, practicing, practicing!  I seem to be able to do the meandering thing okay, but pantographs are going to need a LOT more work!


1 comment:

Karen said...

OK...how do I post a video? I can not be left behind ya know...I do work in a public school where NCLB dicates!! Love the blog...keep it up.
I'm sewing on my little Bessie machine today. I love that little thing.