Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quilt Frame 2

After reviewing the plans, we made several modifications.  Because of space constraints, we opted for an 8-foot table instead of 10- or 12-foot.  Scott also built the table out of mahogany which turned out beautifully.  





The other alteration I wanted was that the end supports be detachable so that the frame could be more easily dismantled for storage.  Instead of being permanently attached with wood screws, we changed it to carriage bolts and wing nuts.






The end result was better than I had ever hoped!  Now if I can learn to use it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck!!!! I'm looking for frames myself and i had my husband look at these and we both thought you guys did a great job but not something we or i should say my husband would attempt. again good luck and happy practicing!!!! sue in texas

Anonymous said...

My husband is starting to look for different ideas for building my frame. I love your frame. Does it work out for you now that you have had time to learn on it? What is the largest quilt that you can make on your 8 foot table? This is the size that I would need to fit in my room.
Thank you and God bless you.
Laura