Thursday, October 2, 2008

No Match Patch

My next class was the No Match Patch made out of 12 fat quarters.  It's a lap-size "sampler" with 12-inch blocks.  I had an awful time trying to choose fabric, never having done it before.  Carol at The Calico Cat kept telling me "not to worry -- just choose what you like."  Well, heck if I did that, it would all be the same color!   

Daphne, who taught the class, told us that we shouldn't be surprised if we ended up with blocks that had the same material next to each other.  I'm afraid that I got a little "mathematical" about it and proved her wrong.

This little quilt was quilted on the diagonal.  I used a striped fabric for the binding and it was cut on the bias so it was also diagonal.




After the trauma of trying to choose fabric for this quilt, I found a book, Color for the Terrified Quilter.  Must have had me in mind when they wrote it!


No comments: